Prayer Shawl Ministry
Members and friends of the congregation volunteer to knit or crochet prayer shawls to be given freely for comfort and love to those with great physical, emotional or spiritual need. We freely give these shawls to men, women, and children with great need for love and prayer, including those who are homebound.
Committed members pray daily for individuals and situations. The Prayer Chain meets monthly for a time of group prayer, support, and updating information.
Contact us to share your joys and concerns.
The Deacons at Christ Presbyterian Church lead members in supporting
a variety of mission projects including:
- American Red Cross
- Geneva Center Camp and Conference Center
- Kemmerer Village
- The Northwest Indiana Food Bank which solicits, purchases, and redistributes quality food, increases public awareness, advocates solutions for the issues involved with hunger, and acts as an information and referral resource to the community.
- Souper Bowl of Caring: What if everyone watching the Superbowl gave $1 to stop hunger?
- The Food Pantry maintained by the Winfield Township Trustee for our neighbors. A list of needed items is available here:
- Medical Benevolence Foundation provides hope and healing to those most in need.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance: Out of chaos, hope.
- Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship: “For Every People: An Indigenous Church; For Every Church: A Mission Vision”
- Presbyterian World Mission
Our ministry is supported by and we support the ministry of: